First-class aeronautical, hydrodynamical,
mechanical, and electrical engineers conducted
seven years of R&D, production hundreds of foil
combinations, components and prototypes.
The World's First.
The Hydrofoiler XE-1 is not just the world's first hydrofoil electric bike. It is the world's first hydrofoil to boast the submerge launch capability, allowing the rider to begin cycling from a stationary position underneath the water.
From its conception, the submerge launch technology came with great complexity. First-class aeronautical, hydrodynamical, mechanical, and electrical engineers conducted seven years of R&D, producing hundreds of foil combinations, components and prototypes.
Carbon fibre foils
This combination is impeccably tuned. Striking a perfect balance between stability and maneuverability in all types of water-terrain.
- Hoener Tip design for minimal drag and effective wingspan extension
- Rear wingspan measures 2m - front wing, 1.2m
- Simple modular design for easy assembly and in-car transport
- Carbon-fibre reinforced nylon propeller, producion thrust at low speed and reducing drag at top speed
Lithium battery technology
and 460w e-bike motor
Clever technology. Ultra simple to use.
This waterproof duo is designed to enhance your riding experience. The battery can be removed in seconds and recharged from any standard NZ power outlet. The motor has proven resilient against rigorous maritime tests yet produces no more than a quiet hum and inflicts zero harm on the environment.
- Fully submersible IP68 rated battery housing system.
- 70 cell lithium ion pack 36 volts of power capable of supplying 22 amps
- Easy access charging connector with a 5 hour charge time
- 60 minutes run time on maximum assist level (based on conditions and rider)
- Heads Up Display includes on/off, speed and battery level indicator
- BMS (battery management system) protects battery from overcharging, short-circuiting, overheating, excess voltage and deep discharge
Bike frame, buoyancy modules, gearbox and drivetrain
- TIG welded 6061-T6 aluminium frame, an aircraft grade alloy revered for its strength and weight advantages
- Total bike weight: 29kgs (including motor and battery)
- Chain & shaft-drive hybrid with industry standard components for easy replacement
- Buoyancy modules designed to streamline the Hydrofoiler both under and above water
- Independent crankset, gearbox and propeller/shaft sub-assembly, ensuring easy drive-train maintenance